The Dolphin Discovery Centre is an essential stop for any visitor to the South West region. The centre has a multitude of facilities that will ensure that your visit is both effortless and enjoyable including beautiful ocean views.
- Free wild dolphin Interaction Zone (beach front, licensed by Parks and Wildlife Service WA)
- Interpretive Centre and Exhibition (indoor)
- Dolphin and Bay Viewing platforms.
- Visitor Information and Booking office by the City of Bunbury
- Gift and Souvenir store.
- Free parking.
- Public toilets, showers, changing rooms.
- Disability access throughout, including beach access.
- Beach wheelchairs available.
- Function & Conference Centre (with private Sunset Bar).
- Free coach, caravan and campervan parking across the road.
- Bike racks.
- Public playground next door.
- Fresh drinking water.
- Grassed area.
- Beach and promenade access.
Take a photo with Veolia!
What is the most photographed thing at our centre? Why Veolia the pink dolphin of course!
36 fibreglass dolphin sculptures were installed around Perth as part of the ‘Big Splash WA Trail’, a public art exhibition. Local artists were called upon to design and paint them. The fundraiser event raised mass awareness and valuable funds for Perth Children’s Hospital, Child and Adolescent Mental Health unit. The art trail was a fun, engaging and joyous event that sparked many conversations about mental health and well-being.
After the event, each dolphin sculpture was sold at an auction with the net proceeds going to Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation. Veolia purchased this pink dolphin for $12,000 in the auction and has kindly donated it to the Dolphin Discovery Centre!
Snap a picture with her next time you visit, and be sure to tag us on socials @dolphindiscoverycentre