Dolphin Eco Cruises
The Dolphin Discovery Centre’s Dolphin Eco Cruise is for 90 minutes within Koombana Bay. Our vessel provides an excellent viewing platform designed to get you as close as possible to the dolphins – without getting your feet wet! The team will introduce you to our local Bottlenose Dolphins as they interact in their natural environment. Many of the Dolphins seen on the cruise call Koombana Bay their home. They can be seen frolicking, playing, sleeping and feeding during the cruise. The informative commentary from the skipper will keep you updated throughout.
Due to limited staff resources we are only open Thursday to Sunday, we open our bookings for Cruises only on the great weather days, so that means about 7 days ahead of time. If you wish to book outside of this please phone (97913088) or email us so we can secure your spot without payment and contact you closer to the date.
You may want to consider packaging your Eco Cruise with the Interpretive Centre, we offer a 50% discount on Entry if you do. We also have our Cafe, you can book your table to relax and enjoy after your cruise.
|JANUARY - DECEMBER||Daily||12 noon|
Additional timeslots are added during peak times throughout the year.
Please note: Some times may change due to weather or numbers, please always ring and check if a later Eco Cruise is available.
what you’ll see
- The dolphins are wild, which makes it extra special as they aren’t performing – just behaving naturally.
- You may see examples of feeding, socialising, jumping and sleeping.
- Learn how we ID all the dolphins.
- A 90-minute Eco Cruise in the calm waters of Koombana Bay.
- Commentary from our Skipper on the Bottlenose Dolphins.
Please note: some times may change due to weather or numbers, please always ring and check if a later Eco Cruise is available
What to Bring
- Sun protection.
- Warm Jumper/windcheater especially on cooler days.
- Don’t forget your camera!
- Maximum 29 passengers.
- Exclusive group bookings available upon request.
- Please collect your cruise ticket from the Dolphin Discovery Centre half an hour prior to departure.
- Periodically the cruise will depart from an alternative beach due to variable weather conditions – transfers cannot be provided.
- All boat trips are subject to suitable weather conditions.
Save Your Place
To avoid disappointment be sure to book your tour well in advance. We are happy to move or cancel and refund your booking up to 24 hours before the tour.Book Tour
|Concessions (Seniors / Students / YHA)||$45|
|Children (Age 4 - 14)||$40|
|Family (2 Adults & 2 Children Aged 4 - 14)||$168|
|Infant (Age 0-3)||$0|
|Carers with a Companion Card||$0|
Please note: Even though children three and under are free of charge, we need to be advised of their inclusion as they need to be included on the manifest. Please present concessions and vouchers at check in.